Romance Rewind: A Look at Shakira and Gerard Piqué's Love Story

The love story of Shakira and Gerard Piqué proves that you never really know when you'll come face to face with your soulmate.

Little did they expect to fall for each other at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, but they did. They're one of our favorite couples because they make it work on their own terms. Years later, they're a family of four that has learned to balance the demanding life of music and soccer with being parents.

From that day on the set of Shakira's "Waka Waka," Piqué set out to win the Colombian singer's heart, and the rest is history.

Take a look at their love story: These two lovebirds met on the set of Shakira's "Waka Waka" which was the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Piqué later revealed that he told her, "I am going to win this World Cup so that we can see each other at the finals." And so he did and that's how it all began.
The love story of Shakira and Gerard Piqué proves that you never really know when you'll come face to face with your soulmate. 


Little did they expect to fall for each other at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, but they did. They're one of our favorite couples because they make it work on their own terms. Years later, they're a family of four that has learned to balance the demanding life of music and soccer with being parents. 

From that day on the set of Shakira's "Waka Waka," Piqué set out to win the Colombian singer's heart, and the rest is history.

Take a look at their love story: These two lovebirds met on the set of Shakira's "Waka Waka" which was the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. 


Piqué later revealed that he told her, "I am going to win this World Cup so that we can see each other at the finals." And so he did and that's how it all began.

MAKING IT OFFICIAL
By 2011, Shakira and Gerard Piqué were publically an item and fans couldn't get enough of this couple. 

BIG NEWS

In 2012, the Colombian singer and Spanish soccer star announced that they were expecting their first child.
NEW ADDITION

Their son Milan Piqué Membarak was born on January 22, 2013, in Barcelona, Spain. 

THEIR LOVE
"I think, if you can prove the existence of God, it can only be proven through love," Shakira told ELLE. "I even had lost my faith for a while...I started to think that there was no God. And suddenly I meet Gerard, and the sun comes out."

ON THEIR TERMS
"We already have what's essential, you know? We have a union, a love for each other, and a baby. I think that those aspects of our relationship are already established, and marriage is not going to change them. But if I'm ever going to get married, he's the one," Shakira said to Glamour magazine in 2014.

ONE MORE ON THE WAY
In 2014, Shakira announced that she and her beau were expecting their second child together.

BABY MAKES FOUR!
Sasha Piqué Membarak was born January 29, 2015. 

ON BIG HAPPY FAMILY!
"Motherhood is such a serious thing to me, I take it so seriously that it has become my work, you know? It's a 24-hour job, so now, making music is my hobby," she said laughing. "I never thought I'd say that but, making music is my hobby. Every time I get into the studio it's my escape. It's the space where I can really find myself or sort of rescue parts of myself."
THEIR STORY
In 2017, Shakira released El Dorado and in her song titled "Me Enamoré", she paints the picture of the day the two fell for each other. 

"He liked the song, he got really emotional. He knows that there are other songs on the album that are also about him," she reveals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Read

Catastrophe! Argentina Press Wails At World Cup ‘Disaster’

Argentina’s media stuck the boot into Lionel Messi and his teammates on Thursday, branding the team’s World Cup defeat to Croatia a “catast...